How to start yoga at home? 6 steps to start your yoga life.
A professional yoga training plan is the most important for a yoga beginners
Step 1: Let yourself know what you need from yoga.
There are some examples for you:
- Weight control
- Healthy bodybuilding
- Mind relax
- Become a yoga teacher
- Heal a part of your body
- Social making
- Personal faith
- To strengthen the thinking
- Others ( your personal goals)
Write down your goal on the paper.
Step 2: Make sure how much time you will cost for your yoga practice.
Here are our suggestions:
- Make a long-term plan. It’s hard to see the effect of yoga for a short time practice.
- Morning and evening are both ok to practice yoga.
- At least 3 times per week.
- Suggestion 30mins – 60 mins per practice.
- 10 – 15 poses change will be good.
- Set up your clock for your practice.
Step 3: Pick up poses for your goal.
Manage your yoga poses:
- Be clear about your goal.
- To understand the benefits of yoga poses.
- To understand the difficult yoga poses through videos, DVDs, Magazines and our web.
- Choose yoga poses for yourself. (Must be related to your goal).
- Write them down on the paper. (We name it Yoga Schedule Sheet – YSS).
Step 4: Ready for action
Before practice we still have work to do:
- Environment: choose a place that clean, quiet, has fresh air, warm and light.
- Floor: not hard floor, a good yoga mat will be your important partner for a really long time.
- Yoga pants and clothes need to be ready.
- Tern on the yoga music. Soundbox will be a good choice! Wireless earphones only use in public place.
- Slippers need to be ready.
- YSS needs to be ready.
Step 5: Carry out your plan. The action is the most important.
Suggestions for action:
- Breath: Never ignore the importance of breathing. Breathing directly affects the heartbeat.
- Meditation: Always take meditation before your practice. Tell your body to be ready. 5mins – 15mins depends on your plan.
- Stretch: Strech your body by practice the stretching poses.
- Practice: practice your poses one by one and follow your YSS.
- To feel: feel the pain, feel the changes in your body, feel the peace in your mind.
- Keep going and never give up.
Step 6: Check and Nutritional Supplement
Check the result:
- Make sure you did the right poses on your YSS. Put a tick in the right place.
- Make sure your body still working, not broken.
- Check your heart rate, weight, and blood pressure something.
- Take a cup of milk.